March 2, 2017, North Dakota Tourism E-Newsletter
Keep up on the latest tourism industry news impacting North Dakota
North Dakota Tourism and Odney Agency took home a number of awards, including Best of Show, at the Ad-Fed (ADDY) Awards in Fargo. The awards recognize outstanding marketing and advertising efforts over the previous year. Gold winners move on to the district competition. Tourism and Odney received:
- TV Music Score
- Email Blast Campaign
- Integrated Advertising Campaign – Regional/National-Consumer (TV ads, print ads and travel guide)
- Editorial Spread or Feature Series (travel guide, hunting and fishing guide, group travel guide and Theodore Roosevelt National Park spread from the travel guide)
- Magazine Advertising - History Ad
- Regional/National Television Commercial Campaign
- Magazine Advertising – City Ad
- Magazine Advertising – Print Campaign
This is a great time to reward our hardworking colleagues who do so much to deliver legendary experiences for our visitors. You have until March 29 to make nominations for this year's Governor's Awards for Tourim to be presented at the Travel Industry Conference April 17-19 in Bismarck. New this year is the Flint Firestarter Award for a Tourism Development Project. Since this is the first year for this award, businesses that have opened in the last five years will be considered. Also new is the Trailblazer Award for tourism innovation and the Telegraph Award for marketing technology. Click here for more details.
There are a few one-sixth- and one-third-page advertising spots available in the North Dakota Tourism co-op section in the May-June edition of Midwest Living. Did you know Midwest Living readers are 91% more likely than the average American to travel to North Dakota? And this travel-focused issue is an ideal time to reach Midwest Living's vast audience (circulation at 950,000 with overall readership nearly 4 million). All advertisers will receive a reader's service listing as added value. For more information or to reserve your spot by March 10, please contact Katy Hildman at email@example.com.
- Get the latest North Dakota travel conditions here
- The ride-sharing service Lyft has arrived in Bismarck, Fargo and Grand Forks. Click here for more.
- Uber has arrived in Bismarck and Grand Forks. Click here for more.